Capture high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar images with the NexImage Burst Solar System Imager. This innovative camera is easy enough for a beginner to use, but features one of the best CMOS sensors available for astroimaging. It’s compatible with any computerized telescope or a non-computerized telescope with a motor drive for tracking celestial objects.
Combined with the included software package, NexImage Burst brings out tremendous detail and produces images rivaling those taken with astronomical cameras costing hundreds more.
Ultra-Sensitive Aptina AR0132 CMOS Sensor
CMOS technology is emerging as the hottest trend in imaging, and Aptina’s AR0132 sensor leads the way. This updated version of the popular MT9M034 sensor offers the perfect combination of speed, sensitivity, and value. You won’t find the Aptina AR0132 sensor for a better price anywhere than NexImage Burst.
NexImage Burst Monochrome offers you the most senstivity for capturing the best possible astroimages. Attach a filter wheel such as the Skyris Filter Wheel to image in color.
A Great Choice for Those New to Imaging
Getting started with NexImage Burst is as easy as pointing your telescope at the Moon, Sun, or a planet and recording a video. For the sharpest possible images, NexImage Burst can record more than 120 frames per second when subframed.
The included software analyzes each frame of video, throws away the ones affected by atmospheric turbulence, and perfectly aligns the best frames. The result is a bright, clear astroimage with impressive detail.
Solar system imaging with NexImage Burst is a great way to enjoy the hobby of astroimaging if you live in a light-polluted area. If you can see the planet the sky, you can image it with NexImage Burst!
Your NexImage Burst can be used as an autoguiding camera when used in conjunction with an off-axis guider or piggyback guidescope. NexImage is compatible with many autoguiding software programs and a guider port interface such as GPUSB
- Features the Aptina AR0132 CMOS imaging sensor, a state-of-the-art chip used by imaging companies worldwide.
- View and capture live video of the Sun, Moon, and planets on your computer.
- Manually adjust gain, exposure time, and frame rate.
- Machined aluminum 1.25" adapter barrel with C-threads for direct threaded connection to almost any telescope.
- Included software automatically removes video frames affected by unstable air, leaving only the sharpest, clearest frames to be stacked and aligned into one high-quality image.
To discover more and to find your local Celestron dealer please visit our Dealer Page